Thursday, December 4, 2008

NUTRILITE™ BRAND POWERS ASAFA POWELL,

Powell broke world record for 100-meter sprint in June 2005, three months after adding NUTRILITE™ DOUBLE X™ to his training regimen
GRAND RAPIDS, MI (April 24, 2006) – Nutrilite, the world's leading brand of vitamin, mineral and dietary supplements (based on 2006 sales), has signed Asafa Powell, the World Record holder in the 100-meter sprint, as a global brand spokesperson. Amway Business Owners will be excited to learn their exclusive flagship health brand helped power Asafa's record-breaking run in 2005 and will be certain to cheer him on in future events.
In June, 2005, the then 22-year-old Asafa broke the men's 100-meter world record at a meet in Athens, Greece -- just three months after his brother introduced him to NUTRILITE DOUBLE X. Asafa's brother Donovan, who also was a world-class sprinter, was introduced to the NUTRILITE brand by his wife's parents, who are Independent Business Owners. Appreciating the benefits he received from DOUBLE X, Donovan supplied the multivitamin to his younger brother when he complained of low energy levels during his training early in 2005. "Taking DOUBLE X was the only change I made to how I had been training," says Asafa. "After I started taking it, I felt I had more energy to train harder and run faster. I am very careful about what I consume so I appreciate the balanced vitamin and mineral content plus the rich, all-natural plant concentrates in DOUBLE X." Of course, Asafa is a world class runner, so these results are not what the typical user would experience.
Asafa also appreciates the NUTRILITE brand positioning. "When I run, I don't think about anyone else. I don't think about my competition, I just do what I have to do. Nutrilite is a lot like me that way, because they don't consider the competition in what they do, they just focus on being the best in their field," he says. "I am confident that DOUBLE X and NUTRILITE will help me power up for the competitions yet to come."
Asafa won 100m gold at the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, Australia, and is looking ahead to competing in the Penn Relays April 27 – 29 at the University of Pennsylvania, the 2007 World Championships in Japan, and the 2008 Olympics in China. He has captured worldwide media attention for his record-breaking successes and is widely recognized for being soft-spoken, humble, and devoted to his family, which includes his preacher father, mother and five older siblings. "We couldn't be more proud to welcome Asafa Powell as the global spokesman for the NUTRILITE brand," says Dr. Sam Rehnborg, President of the Nutrilite Health Institute. "Not only is he a phenomenal athlete who's had an incredible experience using NUTRILITE products, he's a genuinely decent, humble guy. We're thrilled to be associated with him and are confident he'll do a fantastic job representing the NUTRILITE brand."
source: http://www.nutrilite.com/en-us/General/NewsRoom/pressreleases/asafa-powell.aspx

No comments: